What’s in it for you and your business?
1.With many significant activities and changes undertaken to progress the AFA and benefits for Member over the past 12 months, the Association has continued to strengthen relationships with federal and state governments and secured both funding and support for a number of initiatives both at a corporate and international level.
2. These milestones have been achieved in just under two years since the Strategic Review of the Australian Furniture Association (AFA), which saw it evolve from a historically significant, but small organisation, to become the national peak body for the Australian Furniture sector. This is YOUR Industry Association.
3. As the peak body, the AFA represents the interests of the furniture sector from raw material supply through to the end user. Collectively the industry employs more than 250,000 people nationally. Your business is an important member of this national collective and AFA Membership secures your place amongst those who are the voice for the industry.
4. The AFA is committed to helping Australian businesses like yours, with focus on building competitive and sustainable business models and to promote the profitable growth, competitiveness, innovation, and export readiness of our members. We lobby governments, represent your views and needs where it matters most and secure the best possible business services on your behalf.
5. AFA Members include manufacturers of both residential and commercial furniture, suppliers to the industry, retailers, allied associations, key stakeholders (such as testing and training organisations), designers and individuals both nationally and internationally, all of whom benefit from being part of a collective and respected voice. This credibility is critical in communicating with government and other key stakeholders, but more importantly on the global scene.
6. The AFA is also the owner of Australia’s largest and longest furniture and furnishing trade exhibition, FURNITEX connect. This is the most important platform for the Australian furniture industry to showcase their brilliance to the global market.
7. In the past few years a number of factors have impacted on the success and sustainability of the Australian furniture industry and FURNITEX as an exhibition tool but now we have ‘connected’ the dots. The AFA has led the charge to make the necessary changes and evolve the industry into one of the most successful design and manufacturing sectors for the next generation. All stops have been pulled out to reverse the attrition, add value to services for AFA Members and the wider community and build a globally recognised event for the benefit of all industry stakeholders.
8. Together with a number of industry leaders and corporate partners, the recognition that FURNITEX connect is, and will remain, the marquee event for the furniture sector has resulted in the re-establishment of FURNITEX connect as the premier furniture event to showcase the Australian industry in a lifestyle exhibition environment. To secure its position as the premiere event and the place to be for all Australian manufacturers, designers, suppliers and buyers the AFA have engaged with experts and leaders in the industry to explore international trends and apply some of those learnings to FURNITEX connect.
9. Australia will be represented at TWO major international events in 2015 – Tent London as part of London Design Week AND Furniture China in Shanghai. Both of these events will be supported by Austrade and under the auspices of the AFA the events promise to be both rewarding and exciting for the industry as a whole. Our key focus remains on helping members get their quality Australian products to the world market, with export and collaboration initiatives now formed with overseas export markets, organisations and events; we will show Australian furniture amongst the best in the world. If you want to be involved in these exciting initiatives contact firstname.lastname@example.org
AFA Membership Benefits
10. From 1 July 2015, AFA Members will enjoy a significant number of additional services, such as legal and financial advice, discounts, marketing and media services, training programs amongst the new inclusions. But RENEW NOW and enjoy these benefits immediately.
The NEW Membership Prospectus will be available on the AFA website at www.australianfurniture.org.au/membership from1 July, but if you would like to refresh your memory about our services, visit the site now.
Visit www.australianfurniture.org.au to learn more
So JOIN NOW and don’t miss out on this special offer to belong to THE industry organisation, by the industry, for the industry. Complete your Membership Form now (link) and enjoy all the benefits immediately. For all AFA Membership enquiries contact the AFA on +613 9856 1600, or email email@example.com