The VCAA is hosting a free program PD session in conjunction with the Australian Furniture Association on Wednesday 30 November 2016. We will be joined by Gary Dunshea from Manufacturing Skills Australia and will discuss in detail the implementation of the new Certificate II in Furniture Making Pathways qualification.
We will discuss:
· the VCE VET Furnishing Program design
· the future for cabinetmakers and allied furniture trades
· the business (providers/enrolments) and career opportunities (students/employers)
· importance of delivering industry supported programs
· unpacking the new MSF Pathways qualification
· the new units and why they are needed
· contextualisation of units to local industry needs
· currency and how to maintain it
· Validation of Training and Assessment Strategies or TAS
· the AFCoPN support available to assist with industry engagement, an initiative of the Australian Furniture Association
· training resources and support
FREE to attend!
Gary Dunshea – Industry Liaison Officer, Manufacturing Skills Australia
Patrizia Torelli – CEO, Australian Furniture Association
Mark Pullin – Program Manager, VET VCAA
When - Wednesday 30th of November – 10am – 1pm
Where - START Trade Training Centre – Chisholm Institute’s Frankston campus
Interested teachers, VET and VCAL Coordinators should email firstname.lastname@example.org to for further details and to express interest in attending.
The Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority provides high quality curriculum, assessment and reporting that promotes individual lifelong learning.