The high level of media attention focused on furniture recalls in the past 12 months has caused a great deal of concern for wholesalers, retailers and
The business impact for the distributors has been immense, sending some to the wall. The Australian Furniture Association will host Stephan Pesch, Vice
– General Manager – Hardlines-South Greater China, TUV Rheinland, (Guangzhou, China) at this year’s Furnishing Futures Conference in July. Apart from
his extensive experience around quality and compliance issues, Stephan will share his knowledge and advice on recalls in Australia and around the globe
and will be joined by Barbara Geens, Chair of the National Retail Association’s Technical Standards Committee, and Mark Van Der Haar, from AB Phillips
Learn more from those who have experienced the good, the bad and the ugly ramifications and the business impacts that reverberate throughout the whole
industry when recalls are activated. What are the steps taken by proactive companies to avoid such negative outcomes? Our panellists will cover the
steps to take to mitigate such risks. A must attend event for retailers, wholesalers, importers and distributors.
One on One Meetings
During his Australian visit, Stephan will also take one on one meetings with delegates and visitors to FURNITEX & design on a number of other important
compliance areas, such as
– Fulfilling legal requirements
– Latest trends in standardization and regulatory updates
– Different levels of quality assurance in manufacturing and supply chains
– Mechanical safety, chemical safety, ergonomic requirements, environmental aspects
– Testing, inspection and certification and how to promote your value add investment to your customers
– Proactive and reactive ways to tackle quality issues
– Risk assessments
– Trends in the furniture industry – changing supply chains, who is growing? Are new markets developing?
– Different viewpoints of manufacturers, traders, brands and retailers in Australia, Europe, US, Asia
To book your confidential one on one appointment with Stephan Pesch contact Parveen Akther at TUV Australia via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments will be held in the Brisbane Convention Centre, Hall 2, Hospitality Suite during FURNITEX & design 2016.
Register for your complimentary Trade Entry here http://secure.tradevent.com.au/furnitex16/
BACKGROUND: Stephan Pesch, moved to China in 2004 as testing engineer for TUV Rheinland in Guangzhou and in 2005 established a furniture
lab, caring for increasing responsibilities. With the merger of TUV Rheinland with LGA, the leading furniture testing institute in Germany, furniture
testing solutions were offered for European retail customers. From 2008 Stephan developed the furniture testing services for US customers. In 2010
he set-up the first ISTA packaging testing laboratory in TUV Rheinland. He has offered testing for Australian customers since 2011.
Stephan holds the office of Vice General Manager in TUV Rheinland Greater China for Hardlines Furniture and is charged with leading the furniture laboratories in Shanghai and Guangzhou and a team offering a range of services for the furnitur e industry.