- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Insurance services
- Parental leave
- Competitive remuneration and generous uncapped commission
- Established Australian designer and manufacturer of furniture
- Permanent part time position available – Four days part time
Since 1977, King Living has pioneered quality Australian design, continually pushing the boundaries of what furniture can achieve. Designed to adapt to our changing lives and last for generations, our furniture marries the power of innovation with traditional handcrafted methods.
King Living has expanded from a homegrown business into a global brand. A family owned and run Australian company headquartered from our Support Centre in Sydney, our Showrooms and manufacturing centres span Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, China, and Thailand.
At King Living, we are dedicated to creating simplicity and balance in both our living spaces and our work environment. We take pride in our past accomplishments and are thrilled by the possibilities of the future.
Our Cheltenham Showroom is looking for personable, dynamic, and proactive Design Consultants, who easily engage with customers build strong relationships to deliver the best customer experience.
To be successful in this role, you will be passionate about our products, have a flare for design and through ongoing product training, will use your product knowledge to provide a customised solution to suit customers’ home, family, and lifestyle.
As part of our supportive team, you are a self-starter who is collaborative and focused to meet team targets, delivering quality results, along with the enthusiasm to be working with a well-established and experienced team, which supports your performance and success.
At King Living we offer generous commissions for all Design Consultants and attractive remuneration.
What do you do as a Design Consultant at King Living?
Using your passion for design, you will play a pivotal role in bringing our customers’ dreams to life. Whether it’s helping them select the right furniture piece, choose the perfect fabrics, or tailor the design to their unique space, you will collaborate closely to create their ideal King Living product.
- Maintain presentation of the showroom to the highest level and work in line with set Visual Merchandising guidelines
- Establish and build strong customer relationships whilst delivering exceptional customer excellence
- Engage face to face and over the phone with customers to consult and promote sales
- Following up orders, enquiries and emails to convert quotes
- Working cohesively with the team to achieve set sales targets and maximise campaign sales
- Assisting customers with their purchasing decision by identifying their needs and wants and suggesting suitable options
- Check and top up samples, product cards, King Care, Brochures and all material used in Showroom
- Using our in-house systems to process sales orders
This is a part time opportunity working 4 days per week
- Ideally you will come from a retail sales’, hospitality, colour consulting or front facing customer service background
- Experience working with textiles or Interior Design (preferred but not essential)
- A sense for style and a keen eye for detail
- A team player who is flexible and adaptable to assist the greater team when required
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up on customer ques including following up with customer queries
- Results focused with a continuous improvement mindset to keep up to date with the latest trends
- An understanding and appreciation of furniture design or premium products. (advantageous)
- Confident communication skills both written and verbal, with excellent professional presentation
- Minimum intermediate ability in computer skills, including data entry.
King Living Benefits and Our Offer to You
- Attractive remuneration and lucrative team commission and additional individual incentives paid weekly
- Ongoing sales campaigns to support your sales results
- If you are new to furniture sales and design, King Living offer full training
- Career development and ongoing product training
- Ability to customise product offerings, on all our award-winning designed furniture
- Supportive and friendly team environment with a true family feel
- Generous employee, family, and friends ‘product discounts
- Discounted health insurance, retail brands and vouchers
- Paid Parental leave
- Australian owned company with a growing global footprint
- EAP to support your ongoing health and wellbeing.
King Living is an equal opportunity employer, all applicants will be considered regardless of your race, sexuality, religion, colour, gender identity or parental status.
To be considered for this role you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident with full working rights to work and live in Australia.