In order to support our exciting strategic objectives, we have an opportunity for a new Design Engineer to join our team located in Minto, NSW. Reporting directly to the Group Design and Engineering Manager, we are searching for a highly effective and experienced individual who is passionate about great human-centred design and innovation.
Key focus areas:
- New product development – taking concept through to manufacture.
- Detailing the design to meet customer and business requirements → product form, fit & function including material & manufacturing processes selection.
- Utilise design tools and methodologies to deliver solution → 3D & 2D CAD, prototyping and testing.
- Collaborative team player who can partner to deliver innovative solutions.
- Partner with customer facing and operation teams to continuously improve and maintain product designs & specifications.
About you, ‘what’ & ‘how’ will help you succeed?
- Design, prototype & test product designs → Mechanical & practical minded problem solver.
- Manufacturing process knowledge and experience → Hands on role, ability to build & fabricating prototypes, jigs & fixtures in plastics injection moulding and steel metal processing.
- Design communication → 3D CAD – 2D engineering drawings. (Solidworks – Highly preferable)
- Engineering change management and documentation → Exceptional analytical skills with attention to detail
- Well organised and able to plan → Strong communication and collaboration.
- Continuous improvement (lean & 6Sigma background would be beneficial)
- Results orientated – Proactive
- Curious and always keen to learn – Growth mindset.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing tasks and priorities.
- Permanent full-time role
- Close to public transport
- On-site parking
- Flexible working arrangements
- Range of Health and wellbeing programs: EAP assist, Annual flu vaccination program + others
If this opportunity resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application soon.