VISUAL DESIGNER POSITION – Major Australian Furniture Manufacturer
The Visual Designer is responsible for creating and maintaining a professional CAD resource and service for the business by providing accurate detailed drawings, quality renders and other visuals.
The position requires the upholding of the organisation’s integrity and core values. It is necessary to assist in change management and continual improvement while adhering to the organisations mission and vision.
- Provide support to sales and production by generating drawings using CAD, Revit and SketchUp for use in tenders, classroom layouts, marketing and manufacturing.
- Incorporate brief design concepts, specifications and required information into drawings.
- Interacting with key stakeholders to quickly and accurately create drawings during the design process.
- Create and modify drawings to show the detail and assembly of a wide variety of products.
- Liaise with sales staff and assist with pricing of products for quotation as required.
- Provide technical support to both sales staff and customers.
- Liaise with management, factory personnel, client managers, agents, customers and suppliers as required.
- Assist with sales enquiries.
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow problem solving through to resolution.
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement.
- Administration duties as directed.
Qualification, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in CAD/REVIT.
- Knowledge of SketchUp.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills.
- Experience in 3D CAD techniques.
- Experience in providing customer support.
- Proficiency in English.
- Ability to strategically think.
- Strong trouble shooting and multi-tasking skills.
All applications containing Expression of Interest and CV to email@example.com
Applications Close Sunday 3 April 2022