- This event has passed.
Australian Furnishing Community of Practice Network AFCoPN Meeting & Tele-Conference 2/2018
17/10/2018 @ 1:00 PM - 4:30 PMFree
17 October 2018 @ 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm (Melbourne Time)
Followed by Networking to 4.30pm
Date: Wednesday 17 October 2018
Time: 1.00pm – 3.30pm Melbourne time – Afternoon Tea will be provided
Venue: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Melbourne – Flinders Street
270 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria,3000, Australia
DIAL IN DETAILS FOR REMOTE ATTENDEES WILL BE PROVIDED AT TIME OF BOOKING.
The 2015 Australian Skills Quality Authority Users’ Guide of Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s). Explicitly outlines the requirements for RTO’s to consult with industry on development of training programs, assessment strategies, and resource development (Clauses 1.5 – 1.6 *).
In response to this requirement the Australasian Furnishing Association (AFA) introduced the Australian Furnishing Community of Practice Network (AFCoPN) to assist in providing direct access to a community of practice for RTO’s. AFCoPN Membership will help to ensure that RTO training and assessment practices are well informed and relevant to the needs of industry as required by the Standard.
- Round Table Member Updates – All
- Guest speakers – TBA
- Training: Update on Furnishing Training Package Review including Cases for Endorsement or Change to AISC – IBSA
- Engagement Activities : Events and Work Placements – All
- Engagement: Opportunities for emerging skills and emerging technologies in schools and industry – All
- Collaboration: Industry updates on current and future skills needs
- ACE Awards – AFCoPN Sub Committee: update on memberships, criteria, time, judging panel
- Other business
- Future Meetings – Proposed