Take a Seat With Us: Fully Funded Courses in Sewing, Upholstery & Textiles
The Australian Furniture Association have teamed up to support the Multi-Industry Collaboration Group (MICG) to create the latest job-skills taster program – ‘Take A Seat With Us.’
The 12-week course is fully funded, which means it is free for all participants and is supported by the 5 industry groups including the furniture, caravan, boating, automotive and specialist textiles industries.
Across Australia, there are huge labour shortages across the Furniture, Boating, Automotive and Specialist Textile Industries – this has resulted in unprecedented delays, a backlog of orders and many businesses struggling to find employees to keep up with the exponentially growing workload. This course aims to help bridge that gap by connecting potential TASWU students with employers who are keen to employ enthusiastic workers!
Why sign up for this course?
- You’ll gain recognised skills and industry experience
- Have access to a world class training facilities at Holmesglen Institute, Chadstone, Victoria campus
- You’ll network with potential employers/industry leaders, and;
- Create industry connections spanning the furniture, caravan, boating and specialised textiles industries throughout your fully funded course
Who is eligible to sign up?
- Anyone interested in working in sewing/upholstery/textile fabrication
- Interested in a future career within the Furnishing, Caravan, Boating and/or Specialised Textiles Fabrication
- You can commute to Chadstone Holmesglen Institute VIC
- Anyone over 16 years of age
- First intake will begin 5 June 2023 – filling fast!
- 12 week course
- Fully funded (no cost to you!)
- Commitment of 3 days per week
- A further 5 courses between July 2023 and October 2024
The ‘Take a Seat With Us! Taster Program’ will deliver study in the following skills units/standards:
- AUR32320 – Certificate III in Automotive and Marine Trimming Technology
- MSF30713 – Certificate III in Upholstery
- MST30220 – Certificate III in Manufactured Textile Products