The Australasian Furnishing Association (AFA) is the peak industry organisation representing Australia in the global furnishing industry market.
AFA Members includes individuals and businesses spanning the entire furnishing industry residential and contract furniture supply chain.
AFA Members are professionals who abide by the values and professional conduct that the industry aspires to.
- Students of design or manufacturing, including apprentices and trainees;
- Training institutions and training practitioners delivering and developing furnishing related courses ;
- Suppliers of equipment or materials to the industry;
- Testing and certification organisations spanning production process through to due diligence regulations;
- Australian and international standards and compliance bodies across consumer law and mandatory product standards;
- Manufacturers of custom Australian products through to assembly of a mix of imported or locally made components;
- Importers and Exporters;
- Online or store retailers;
- Buyers of products or services spanning residential or commercial furnishing markets such as public spaces and government procurement, through to property developers and wholesalers;
- Allied industry partners such as associations across the homewares, hospitality, health, education, and other sectors;
- International partners such as global design awards, mentoring programs and technology sharing;
- Agents and sales teams.
The diversity of the AFA’s Membership allows it to fulfill its purpose to connect and support Members with the knowledge and understanding of the global furnishing industry, to increase trade, position Australia as a high quality global furnishings supply nation and grow businesses along the entire supply chain in order to stimulate that growth.
The AFA does this by contributing to worldwide consultation, collaborating with the Australian and state governments, positioning Australia as the ‘go to nation’ for high quality, clean, green products and services on behalf of all AFA Members, particularly in the Australasia region, by supporting each segment of the supply chain as required.
The AFA is also committed to helping AFA Member businesses with a focus on building competitive and sustainable business models and to promote the profitable growth, innovation and success of our Members by providing advocacy and lobbying leadership via government and industry led networks, standing between the importation of substandard products to Australia to reinforce a level playing field and protect Australian businesses and sourcing ‘group buying’ opportunities to reduce our Members operating costs.
The AFA does this by providing a broad range of business services and via its involvement in Standards and regulatory committees, performing a leading role in the Australian government’s industry reference committee to redevelop the furnishing training package, lobbying and advocacy in all sectors of the design, supply and manufacture of furnishing products and services into other industries such as the hospitality, education and health sectors, partnering with allied industries to increase awareness of the importance of purchasing high quality, products which meet the appropriate standards, are safe and fit for purpose.
The AFA also mediates on behalf of our Members to handle consumer complaints and work closely with all parties, including regulatory bodies, to rectify each issue as it comes to hand.
The AFA conducts workshops and events to assist Members to increase their business and skill knowledge and the AFA Shop contains resources and tools related to research, legislation and regulatory requirements for online purchase.
Are you missing out? Become an AFA Member today.