- This event has passed.
Australian Furnishing Community of Practice Network Meeting 1/2018
12/04/2018 @ 1:00 PM - 3:30 PMFree
Date: Thursday 12 April 2018
Time: 1.00pm – 3.30pm Melbourne time
Venue: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Melbourne – Flinders Street
270 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria,3000, Australia
The 2015 Australian Skills Quality Authority Users’ Guide of Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s). Explicitly outlines the requirements for RTO’s to consult with industry on development of training programs, assessment strategies, and resource development (Clauses 1.5 – 1.6 *).
In response to this requirement the Australasian Furnishing Association (AFA) introduced the Australian Furnishing Community of Practice Network (AFCoPN) to assist in providing direct access to a community of practice for RTO’s. AFCoPN Membership will help to ensure that RTO training and assessment practices are well informed and relevant to the needs of industry as required by the Standard.
AFCoPN will also work with RTO’s who must implement a range of strategies for industry engagement. It will systematically use the outcome of that industry engagement to ensure continuous valid industry feedback is provided for:
- a)Its training and assessment strategies, practices and resources
- b)The current industry skills of its trainers and assessors.
1. Round Table Updates – All
2. Furnishing Package IRC Updates – Skill Sets and National AISC Updates
3. Vocational Education Practitioner Currency Opportunities – VDC
4. Apprenticeships – Apprenticeship Support Australia
5. Traineeships – VCAA/IBSA
6. ACE Awards – AFCoPN Sub Committee
7. Engagement Activities: Events and Work Placements – All
8. Any other business?
9. Future meeting dates